Salt Spray testing (Also known as Salt Fog testing) is often used for testing the corrosion resistance of metallic products, or for testing the corrosion resistant coating applied to metallic products, in order to verify that they will function properly when exposed to salt corrosion. This specific type of testing is used as a means to accelerate the salt corrosion exposure in order to gather data on the long or short term effects of salt corrosion on the product or coating material.
Quest Engineering Solutions has just installed a brand new large sized Salt Spray chamber with dimensions of approximately 47″ x 32″. Our chamber is fully equipped and capable of performing the corrosion testing per the following popular test standards:
- ASTM B117
- MIL STD 202
- MIL STD 810
- And many more!
The standards listed above can range in time from a short duration 24 hour test to long duration testing that can span over several weeks. We offer attractive volume discounts that bring value to your testing needs, therefore, the longer you use our chamber the larger the discount you will receive for performing your test!
This type of testing has numerous applications in many different industries including:
- And More..
Please remember to contact Quest for any additional or future testing needs you may have.
In addition to Salt Spray Testing, Quest offers numerous testing services including:
- Airflow, impedance and performance measurements
- Audio, noise measurement and evaluation
- ESS, HALT, Stress screening
- Product Safety Testing
- Finite Element Analysis, including thermal, mechanical, airflow and others
- ISTA and ASTM package testing
- Materials Testing, including tensile testing
- Mechanical Shock, Fragility
- Salt Spray Testing
- Temperature, component, module and system cooling
- Thermal Imaging
- Temperature Cycling, Thermal Shock
- Transportation simulation (packaging testing)
- MIL Spec Testing
- Custom Projects and Turnkey test setups.